Carbon Monoxide Poisoning In Winters 

HBI Blog / Carbon Monoxide Poisoning In Winters 
Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

Winters remind us of warm cozy blankets with a cup of hot chocolate right? But carbon monoxide posing also comes on that list. On those chilly winter nights, the U.S. The Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) recommends staying safe.

CO is an odorless, colorless gas. It can knock someone out before they even experience the first signs of nausea, dizziness, or weakness.

Portable Generators: Source Of Carbon Monoxide 

portable generator can come in handy when storms knock out power. The CPSC noted in a press release that it does increase the risk of carbon monoxide poisoning. This can kill people in minutes if not operated properly.

Never use a portable generator inside a house, garage, basement, crawlspace, or shed for safety reasons.

Some Do’s & Don’ts

  • A risk of CO poisoning from charcoal can also exist indoors. Even with the door open, avoid using a charcoal barbecue inside or in a garage.
  • Leave the house right away if you smell gas leaking, and call the local gas authorities from outside. Before departing, turn off all electronics, including the lights and phones.
  • Ensure that your battery-operated or battery-backed CO and smoke alarms are in good operating order.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *