The digital platform has taken over the world. Today, there are very few tasks that don’t meet the convenience of performing them on a digital platform. Moreover, due to the recent pandemic, the entire educational system has shifted into the world of laptops and smartphones.
The shifting of the educational system on the digital platform has affected the eyesight of several children. Many of them are suffering from digital eye fatigue.
In this short space, let’s learn how to cope up with the problems and maintain perfect eyesight.
Digital Eye Fatigue
Spending long hours on laptops or computers for school work might lead to experiencing symptoms like headache, eye strain, dry eyes, blurred vision, and pain in the neck and shoulder. If you are suffering from these symptoms (digital eye strain symptoms), you might have computer vision digital eye fatigue syndrome, popularly known as digital eye fatigue.
This fatigue has increased exponentially among students over the past couple of years. More than 83 percent of Americans use digital devices for more than 2 hours a day, and more than 60 percent of them have experienced eye strain.
Sudden changes in vision, eye pain, or significant redness are not the symptoms of digital eye fatigue. Therefore, in such cases, it is best to go for a pediatric eye exam.
Tips for Perfect Eyesight
- The 20/20/20 rule might work magic in case of reduced eyesight. After every 20 minutes of screen time, take a 20 seconds break and focus on something 20 feet away.
- Blink as soon as possible while on a digital device.
- Take breaks at regular intervals while working on a digital platform.
- Try to maintain the screen at 15 to 20 degrees below the eye level, and at least 20 to 28 inches away from the eyes.
- Try to adjust the surrounding lighting and display settings in an optimized way to soothe your eyes.
Apart from the above tips, make sure to visit a pediatric eye specialist as needed. A specialist can help reduce eye strain with the help of digital eye strain test result and make your eyesight as perfect as possible.